Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2016

Maddy's 25mph Wind Lifer Brown Trout

Maddy's lifer Brown Trout
16th lifer
3/28/2016

I pulled up to Kyle's house and looked at him and said something along the lines of, the weather is terrible not sure why we're even bothering. To which Kyle responded, how many times has that ever stopped us before? To which I replied and most of those times we didn't catch fish. Again he rebutted but yet we go anyway. At least it was something along those lines....

We set up camp like we've done every year many many uncountable times before. Many familiar faces have fished with me at this spot and its absolutely fulfilling that I could bring my children here to reap the benefits of what my father showed me over 20 years ago....Even after I take him back to show him a thing or two that I've discovered over the course of years.

The wind was clocked at 25 mph and a crisp 50 degree March 28, 2016 day. The fish weren't plentiful but they were big.....

Madelyn duked it out with her lifer Brown Trout, a look of terror and helplessness beamed from my eyes as the Brown  dragged Maddy's pole. To her credit she held her composure and focused on the prize. Kyle helped her get her rod above another rod's line, and then he helped her scoop it out of the water. There is was 1.3 LBs of lifer Brown Trout. She looked at me and said "I've changed my mind I like fishing again". I got a new personal best Chain Pickerel to the bank before my complacency let it swim back out to the depths.



Kyle's right about one thing. Fish or not we'll be back, many many times. Like the clock goes through seconds we to will return to share the bank side memories of triumphant victory or deafening failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment