Search This Blog

Sunday, August 28, 2016

A Year In Review : 2014



While 2014 wasn't exactly a banner year of fishing for me it was certainly a banner year in my life. Although fishing is my lifeblood, sometimes it takes a back seat to things like newborns and getting married, and that is okay. Those people eventually join you on bigger, better, more fulfilling journeys.

We started off as we always do, with some "desperation" ice fishing.




I obviously did a little winter brook trout fishing....as is tradition.



The first trip was an impromptu journey to the Midwest, specifically Minnesota and Wisconsin. This trip was supposed to be for Texas Alligator Gar but we won't even get into that....

The trip is fondly remembered in detail here.....There and Back Again A Midwest Tale

Lots of fun was had by all and despite current feelings of  discontent by parties mentioned the whole trip was an unforgettable highlight of my life thus far.

Black Bullhead
Freshwater Drum
Golden Redhorse
Greater Redhorse
Lake Sturgeon
Mooneye
My very coveted, Northern Hogsucker
River Redhorse
Shorthead Redhorse
Silver Redhorse














Did mention I got married....and caught a lifer Scup??? 
Read about the hilarity here! RI Wedding: Best Weekend of My Life
Kori managed to catch three lifers! Maddy caught her lifer cunner!

Scup
 Tautog
 Cunner aka Bergall
Scup
Cunner aka Bergall
Ken and Michael descending from their home country in the great white north, through PA on a lifelisting frenzy...I got to show them my go to spot for Cutlips Minnows and rest assured they weren't disaspointed.  Read about it over on Ken's Blog Baby Skylar Goes Fishing While accompaining them, Ken pointed out a Tessellated Darter, a new lifer for me!!!

Tessellated Darter

Here is some of my local catches for 2014:







 I caught a lot of big bullhead, but I chose to leave those photos out due to "spot burning" concerns.




No comments:

Post a Comment